official site for visitors to Bratislava
Path: Home Page > Accommodation > Search
Sculpture at St. Martin´s Cathedral
The earliest surviving monumental work of central European sculpture to be fashioned from lead can be found in Bratislava's St Martin’s Cathedral. It is a sculptural group created by Georg Raphael Donner in 1734 for the main altar of the cathedral. Nowadays the sculptural group is in a side nave of the church, presented as a freestanding work on a quadrangular pedestal. It depicts Saint Martin astride a rampant horse, bending down to a beggar and cutting his overcoat to share it with the poor man.
Placing: Organizational items
> What to See
> Sculpture at St. Martin´s Cathedral
Display search form »
Mode No graphics is currently switched on.