official site for visitors to Bratislava
Path: Home Page > Accommodation > Search
The Manderla Building
The Manderla Building, with its eleven floors, was the city's first high-rise building and was for a long time known as 'the Bratislava skyscraper'. It was built in 1935 by architects Ernest Spitzer and Christian Ludwig. Originally, the first floor was occupied by a café, the Grand, and a sign on top of the building, 45 metres above street level, advertised the owners name: Bratislava meat wholesaler Rudolf Manderla.
The building can now be recognised by the dark red vertical stripes on its exterior. A new Grand Café has now opened on the ground floor; Manderla's name has been replaced by a sign advertising an insurance company.
Nám. SNP 23
811 01 Bratislava
- Centre - pedestrian precinct
Placing: Organizational items
> What to See
> The Manderla Building
Display search form »
Mode No graphics is currently switched on.