- [26.4.2015] Events in Bratislava, April 20 - April 26, 2015
Enjoy your time in Bratislava with our weekly event guide!
City festivals, sports, concerts and much more...
- [21.4.2015] Discovering charms of puzzle and culture mixing
THE [fjúžn] FESTIVAL which opens the issues of migration and integration celebrates its 10th anniversary. This jubilee year has the “Puzzle” as leitmotif that meanders along the whole dramaturgy list.
- [21.4.2015] Replica of St. Wenceslas crown arrives in Bratislava
RESIDENTS and visitors to Bratislava have a unique opportunity to see an exact replica of the famous Crown of Saint Wenceslas starting on April 14 at the Pražská Mincovňa / Prague Mint gallery at Michalská Brana (Michael's Gate) in the Old Town.
- [15.4.2015] Luxury cars on display in Bratislava.
THE BIGGEST automotive event in Slovakia, Autosalon 2015, launched April 14 and runs through April 19.
- [13.4.2015] Latino meets jazz on the Danube
IN THE world of jazz, international collaborations and musical mergers are not unusual. However, the Rio Danubio album combines not just Latin and classical jazz, but interesting musicians as well.
- [30.3.2015] Romeo and Juliet staged in SND
WILLIAM Shakespeare is an unfailing inspiration for many artists, including opera composers. His Romeo and Juliet was the basis for several, including one by Frenchmen Charles Gounod. The Slovak National Theatre (SND) is set to produce it for the first time in its 95-year history.
- [13.3.2015] Martin Srb, Covered Piano exhibition, Typo & Ars gallery, until March 29, 2015
Peter Čepec and Martin Srb, both celebrating their 60th anniversary, exhibit a selection of their works in a selection called Covered Piano, with Viera Čepcová also presenting her jewels and bijouterie. Open: Tue-Sun 10:00-18:00, until March 29. Admission: free. Typo & Ars Gallery, Roľnícka 349, Bratislava
- [11.3.2015] JAZZ: Baritone saxophone player Erik Rothenstein will launch his new album, March 14, 2015
Baritone saxophone player Erik Rothenstein who plays Latino-jazz combined with mainstream jazz will launch his new album, with a concert also involving M. Motýľ, O. Juraši, P. Bereza, Ľ. Šrámek, V. Máčaj, E. Portela, M. Ševčík. Starts: March 14, 19:30; Štúdio 12, Jakubovo Sqaure Divadelný ústav, Jakubovo nám. 12.
- [9.3.2015] Disco meets classics, March 12, 2015
WHEN hearing “Boney M”, most people recall one of the popular bands of 1970s and 1980s with their staple hits like Ma Baker, Rivers of Babylon, Daddy Cool or Rasputin. It may seem that only those who can remember them in their heyday fall for the “vintage nostalgia”.
- [6.3.2015] Buddhas, thangkas seize SNM
The Slovak National Museum has opened its space at the residential building in Bratislava to almost 200 Buddhist artworks, within the exhibition called Space and Joy. Now, it has been prolonged until March 22, due to enormous interest of visitors.