- [23.6.2013] Coronation Festival in Bratislava 2013
On the occasion of 450th anniversary of the first
coronation in Bratislava the coronation of Leopold I.
starts on 23rd of June on Main Square at 3 PM.
- [13.5.2013] Events in Bratislava, May 13 - May 19, 2013
Enjoy your time in Bratislava with our weekly event guide! City festivals, sports, concerts and much more...
- [13.5.2013] Countrywide events (13.May - 19.May)
Do you want to watch the award-winning Slovak film, hear classical music or multi-media project? Read about these and other cultural events happening in Slovakia this week.
- [6.5.2013] Countrywide events (6.May - 12.May)
Exhibition, theatre, and classical music... check out a selection of what's on countrywide in Slovakia this week.
- [29.4.2013] Countrywide events (29.April - 5. May)
Are you looking for some cultural events this week? To get some ideas, check our Countrywide Events column.
- [22.4.2013] Ancient drama at SND, with English subtitles
OPPORTUNITIES for English-speaking theatregoers to enjoy drama in Slovakia are relatively few. But there will be one such chance on April 23, when the ancient Greek trilogy of dramas the Oresteia is performed at the Slovak National Theatre with English subtitles.
- [22.4.2013] Construction of Petržalka began 40 years ago
FORTY years ago construction of the biggest housing estate in Czechoslovakia was launched in Petržalka, a borough of Bratislava. Construction started on April 2, 1973, and required the demolition of family houses in the area, which were replaced by tall residential high rises assembled from pre-fabricated concrete panels, known to Slovaks as paneláks.
- [22.4.2013] Countrywide Events (22. - 28. April)
Check out The Slovak Spectator's choice of cultural events in Slovakia for this week.
- [20.4.2013] Bratislava for Everyone - days of open doors
The most popular weekend in Bratislava starts on the
20th and 21st April. The tradition sets all doors open in
the city with plenty of cultural activities and two days
- [17.4.2013] Capital opens doors to public
THE 10TH annual Bratislava pre všetkých / Bratislava for Everyone event will take place on the weekend of April 18-21 in the Slovak capital. Each year, the city uses the event to launch the summer tourist season, while also offering special programmes and entry without admission fees to selected venues, with some opening on this special occasion only.